Financial controlling expertPoland/West Pomeranian
At METRO we say 'We make it count' because our Accounting&Controlling is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. As the Global Solution Center in Szczecin, we already have more than 400 employees, we have been operating in Szczecin for 11 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. METRO is a leading international wholesaler operating in more than 30 countries worldwide with more than 93,000 employees. Join us, feel the 'We make it count' spirit and create a METRO community for which Accounting&Controlling always counts for something more.
You will be responsible for:
- Broad spectrum of task in commercial controlling and financial reporting areas in vast changing requirements, systems and how to act at ad-hoc requests,
- Shaping new financial solutions and processes, participating in preparation of analysis and presentations for countries and management,
- Review of high complexity processes and make optimization proposals supported by technical solutions,
- Supporting creation of company strategy, monitoring business performance and interpreting it's results.
- Being a part of experts team, shaping the future finance at METRO,
- Independent, expert position with power to co-design future processes/system solutions,
- Development and promotion opportunities (extended career path, Talent Development program, internal recruitments),
- Close / daily interaction with international headquarters in Düsseldorf,
- Chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas,
- Work in a professional, friendly team in a stable, international corporation,
- Private medical care and group insurance, also for family members,
- Cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e., Christmas allowance,
- A monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language,
- Co-financed sports card,
- Team and company integrations after hours,
- Hybrid work,
- A relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.
Skill set & experience profile:
- Preferably Business administration, majoring in controlling, data science or similar degree,
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills, supported by sound knowledge of MS Office, VBA and basic SQL,
- High level of team orientation and own initiative to drive change and engagement,
- Be willing to learn and develop, bringing the high professional commitment, reliability and self-organization skills to ensure quality and timely delivery of the tasks,
- Fluent English, spoken and written (C1).