Treasury and Payments F&A Process OwnerPoland/West Pomeranian
At METRO we say 'We make it count' because our accounting is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. We already have more than 400 employees, we operate our MAKRO Cash&Carry retail brands in more than 20 countries around the world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 11 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. Join us, feel the 'We make it count' spirit and create a METRO community for which accounting always counts for something more.
Your main area of responsibility in this position will include:
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Treasury:
- Working closely with the business to minimize financial risk
- Reviewing funding needs, monthly reporting of all treasury activities
- Analyzing and performing appropriate hedging and funding activities (Forex, swaps, loans, deposits, etc.)
- Cash and liquidity management through cash flow planning and forecasting
- Managing treasury operations and controls (cash pooling/sweeping, forex hedging, etc.)
• Act as SME for Outgoing Payments:
- Ensure scheduled payments are processed on time.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform other day to day financial transactions as required
- Minimize number of manual outgoing payments
- Knowledge of Vendor account maintenance and Vendor account master data management,
- Manage process improvement projects to achieve productivity increase, process KPI establishment, operational excellence and quality assurance
- Ensure standardized and optimized processes (ex. creating, updating, reviewing and approving documentation of standard processes)
- Cooperate with Key Users to identify technical problems and develop solutions to support business objectives,
- Support the transition of the activities from country to Metro GSC,
- Cooperate with Internal Audit to define risk inventory and Risk Control Matrix,
- Cooperate with Training Team to Ensure training package for operational teams.
- stable employment in an international corporation, which is constantly growing,
- chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas of accounting,
- an extensive package of professional training (in accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning),
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members,
- cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e. Christmas allowance,
- co-financed sports card,
- a monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language,
- team and company integrations after hours,
- a relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.
We are inviting to this recruitment everyone who has:
- Min. 5 years of experience in accounting,
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economy or related field,
- Skills: Project management, E2E and analytical thinking, process mapping,
- Very good knowledge of accounting procedures, policies, regulations and rules; understanding of accounting principles,
- Strong Excel skills and overall SAP knowledge,
- Ability to resist unnecessary changes or exceptions to standard process,
- Willingness to learn and develop, high professional commitment, reliability and self-organization skills to ensure quality and timely delivery of results.