At METRO we say 'We make it count' because our accounting is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. We already have 400 employees, we operate our MAKRO Cash&Carry retail brands in more than 20 countries around the world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 10 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. Join us, feel the 'We make it count' spirit and create a METRO community for which accounting always counts for something more.
Main areas of responsibility:
- responsibility for assigning team, as a part of AR department (10-20 people), particularly in work planning organizing and monitoring of ongoing activities,
- attentiveness about efficiency, accuracy and timeliness, related with closing of accounting periods,
- ensuring compliance of data with the company's policy and applicable regulations
- substantive support for the team in daily tasks,
- drive process improvements and support team members in the implementation of initiatives for improving relevant processes,establish and maintain good relationship with customer.
- position with a real possibility of influence on dedicated area,
- stable employment in an international corporation, which is constantly growing,
- chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas of accounting,
- an extensive package of professional training (in accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning),
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members,
- cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e. Christmas allowance,
- co-financed sports card,
- a monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language,
- team and company integrations after hours,
- a relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.
The ideal candidate:
- university degree (preferably in finance, accounting or economy),
- previous relevant experience,
- experience in managing a team,
- fluency in English,
- experience in organizing/managing finance and accounting processes,
- knowledge of SAP system (module FI/CO) will be an asset,
- experience of working in an international environment (preferably SSC/BPO),
- strong MS Office skills (esp. Excel).