METRO Global Solution Center belongs to Global Business Services (GBS) organizations. This type of organization provides centralized, specialist services of selected operational processes. From our headquarters in Szczecin, we conduct financial and accounting processes for METRO entities, i.e. METRO/Makro Cash & Carry stores mostly located in Europe.
At METRO Global Solution Center, we handle financial and accounting processes for Makro stores, among others in the fields of General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, Reporting and Transfer Pricing.
As an organization we support our employees' development and we create stable and safe work environment - we are the first 'ACCA Approved Employer' in Szczecin, Puls Biznesu journal honored us with Gazela Biznesu title, indicating us as one of the most dynamically developing companies. We are also part of Association of Business Service Leaders (ABSL), what allows us to share knowledge and good practices with the best professionals.
We employ over 350 accounting enthusiasts and professionals in our industry, we speak 20 languages, serve 25 countries and are constantly developing, which is why we recently opened a second office in the center of Szczecin.
Join us and work with the best!
We are currently looking for candidate to one of our accounting teams for a position:
Main areas of responsibility:
- responsibility for assigning team, as a part of AR department (10-20 people), particularly in work planning organizing and monitoring of ongoing activities,
- attentiveness about efficiency, accuracy and timeliness, related with closing of accounting periods,
- ensuring compliance of data with the company's policy and applicable regulations
- substantive support for the team in daily tasks,
- drive process improvements and support team members in the implementation of initiatives for improving relevant processes,establish and maintain good relationship with customer.
- position with a real possibility of influence on dedicated area,
- stable employment in an international corporation, which is constantly growing,
- chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas of accounting,
- an extensive package of professional training (in accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning),
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members,
- cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e. Christmas allowance,
- co-financed sports card,
- a monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language,
- team and company integrations after hours,
- a relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.
The ideal candidate:
- university degree (preferably in finance, accounting or economy),
- previous relevant experience,
- experience in managing a team,
- fluency in English,
- experience in organizing/managing finance and accounting processes,
- knowledge of SAP system (module FI/CO) will be an asset,
- experience of working in an international environment (preferably SSC/BPO),
- strong MS Office skills (esp. Excel).