Thank you for your interest in our website and our services. For us, data is the basis for excellent service. However, our most important asset is the trust of our customers and contractors. Protecting personal data and using it only in the way data subject’s expect, is our number one priority. The following privacy notice is therefore intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights in this processing in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and other applicable data protection regulations.
- General information
- The data controller and responsible for the operation of this website is METRO GLOBAL SOLUTION CENTER sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Szczecin, Brama Portowa 1, 70-225 Szczecin (Poland), entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by District Court for Szczecin Centrum In Szczecin, XII Commercial Division of the national Court Register under number: 0000390325, holder of NIP [tax ID]: 7010305590 and REGON: 143007178 (hereinafter “Data controller”, "METRO", "we" or "us").
- If you have any questions about privacy and data protection, you can contact our data protection officer using the following contact details: METRO, Data Protection Officer, Brama Portowa 1, 70-225 Szczecin, Poland, email: email@example.com.
- We have taken appropriate technical measures to ensure that your data is protected against unauthorized disclosure, unlawful use, alteration and destruction. METRO employees are required to comply with data protection regulations when handling (personal) data.
- Processing of Personal Data and Transfer to Third Parties
- If you contact us (for example via an enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org), we only collect, process and use the personal data that you have made available to us and that is necessary to process and respond to your enquiry. Legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
- If personal data have not been obtained directly from the data subject, the source of personal data orgin could be: the contractors (e.g. employers, principal or other type of contractor for data subjects), publicly accessible sources or other companies from the METRO group of companies. We process only the necessary scope of personal data, which is usually limited to business contact data.
- Individual Services
- Google Analytics: If you have activated performance/statistics cookies, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will usually be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
On behalf of METRO as operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google. The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user IDs (e.g. user ID) or advertising IDs are automatically deleted after 14 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached takes place automatically once a month.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. Insofar as the data collected about you is related to a person, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is thus immediately deleted.
We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) GDPR. Your consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future and without giving reasons by contacting us as set out above. Any processing up to the time of the revocation remains unaffected.
- Facebook Pixel: If you have activated marketing cookies, we use Facebook Pixel, a tool operated by Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"), on our website for the analysis, optimization and economic operation of the website. With the help of Facebook Pixel, Facebook is able to determine the visitors of our website as a target group for the display of Facebook ads. Accordingly, we use Facebook Pixel to display the Facebook ads we post only to Facebook users who have shown an interest in our website. This means that with the help of Facebook Pixel we want to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of the users and are not annoying. We can also use Facebook Pixel to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users have been redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called "conversion" or "visitor interaction").
Furthermore, when using Facebook Pixel, we use the additional function "Advanced Matching". Here, data for the formation of target groups ("Custom Audiences" or "Look Alike Audiences") is transmitted to Facebook in encrypted form. This data is information that we collect via our website such as name, email address, etc., including information from non-Facebook users who are not logged in to a Facebook account while visiting our website.
The processing is legally based on Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
You may opt out of Facebook Pixel and the collection and use of your information to display Facebook ads. To configure what types of ads you see within Facebook, you can go to the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions on the settings for usage-based ads: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads. The settings are platform-independent, i.e. they are applied to all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
You can also prevent us from using Facebook Pixel by disabling marketing cookies on our website.
- Google Tag Manager: We use the service called Google Tag Manager from Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google. In addition, so-called standard contractual clauses pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR have been established with Google as appropriate safeguards.
The Google Tag Manager is an auxiliary service and itself processes personal data only for technically necessary purposes. The Google Tag Manager takes care of loading other components, which by themselves may collect data. The Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If a deactivation has been made at domain or cookie level, this remains in place for all components that have been integrated with the Google Tag Manager.
It is in our legitimate interest to optimize the use of our website and to be able to integrate appropriate components for this purpose. The processing of your data is therefore based on Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
- Third-party content
This website uses the embedding features to display and play videos and other external content (third-party content). The content is inactive by default, i.e. no personal data is transmitted to the third-party providers when you visit our website. It is also possible to use our website without the external content. However, the content can be activated on a voluntary basis individually for each third-party provider. By doing so, you then consent to cookies being set by the third-party providers, your personal data (usage data, meta-communication data (especially IP address), location data, if applicable) being transmitted to the third-party providers and possibly also being processed in third countries such as the USA. The legal basis for the transmission of the data is the consent voluntarily given by you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by removing the checkmark for the third-party provider.
Further processing is carried out under the own responsibility of the respective third-party provider.
Special notes on YouTube:
Special notes on Google Maps:
Our website uses the Google Maps plugin. This service is provided by Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Google as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in Google's data protection information at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy, Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
- Provision of personal data and retention periods
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You are not legally obliged to make your personal data available to us. If you choose not to make your personal data available to us, this has no consequences for you, except that you may eventually not be able to use our services. Personal data that you make available to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which it was processed has been fulfilled, until you tell us to delete your data or there is a statutory retention period. If the processing of your data is based on consent, we will delete your data if you withdraw your consent, unless we are required by law to retain the personal data.
- Your rights
To exercise your rights under the GDPR to
- obtain information about the processing of your personal data and a copy of this data (Art. 15 GDPR),
- rectification of inaccurate and completion of incomplete personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- erasure of your personal data and, if these have been made public, that METRO informs other controllers about the erasure request (Art. 17 GDPR),
- restriction of processing of your personal data (Art. 18 GDPR),
- data portability, so that your personal data is transmitted to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit this data to another controller without any hindrance from METRO (Art. 20 GDPR),
- withdrawal of consent given; the withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal (Art. 7 GDPR) and
- object to processing of your data (Art. 21 GDPR), you can contact METRO’s Data Protection Officer (email@example.com.) at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you consider the data processing to be incompatible with the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).
Competent supervisory authority:Personal Data Protection Office
Home address: Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa, Poland
Postal address: Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa, Poland
Telephone: +48 22 531 03 00 / +48 606 950 000
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an e-mail to METRO's Data Protection Officer (see above).
We reserve the right to update this data protection notice from time to time. Updates to this data protection notice will be posted on our website.METRO GLOBAL SOLUTION CENTER
Last amended: May 2022